31 May 2012

Raw Raw Raw! - Raw Zucchini Pasta with Walnut and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto





Considering the amount I have been eating lately - dates, nuts, white chocolate, dark chocolate, avocado and cheese toasties, peanut butter cups, chocolate slice, I could go on . . (yes I smash the stereotype about vegans not having much to eat) I have decided that our little family should go on somewhat of a 'detox' and keep the meals a little healthier!
So tonight, feeling inspired by a recent trip to Raw Kitchen in Freo, I made raw zucchini pasta! Super easy, super quick, like most raw food it is literally blend, eat!



I know my friend has been hanging out for me to share this recipe so what better forum than the internet where she can never lose it and ask me to send it to her again, and again, and again, seriously how many times do I have to send you the fig biscuit recipe Jess??!


Ahem.



Raw Zucchini Pasta with Walnut and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto:



Ingredients
1 1/2 Zucchinis
2 c Walnuts
2 Cloves Garlic
Fresh Basil
1 c Sun Dried Tomato
Handful of Nooch
Juice of 1 Lime
100g Rocket
Salt & Pepper to taste



Method
Whilst getting yourself sorted, soak those nuts baby!
Cut zucchini length ways, and using a potato peeler, peel off strips of zucchini 'pasta', continue until you literally cant peel any more, and eat the remaining zucchini! Pile this 'pasta' into a bowl, add the rocket leaves and combine.
Throw drained walnuts, garlic, basil, lime juice and sun dried tomatoes into a food processor. Mix on high until everything is 1 big paste. Add olive oil until you reach the desired consistency, you don't want this to be too oily, its not a sauce, its a pesto! Mix on high again to ensure everything is combined. I like to add the salt and pepper once I am done with the food processor because I feel if you add it before hand it gets so ground up the flavour gets lost.
Dump on top of the pasta leaf mix and stir until the pesto is evenly dispersed.
Smash it back and feel awesome for creating such an elegant raw meal :)



À la prochaine!
k

1 comment:

  1. Super excited to cook this! Knowing my luck my net won't work the night I decide to. -_-

    'rawr rawr rawr'

    ReplyDelete