6 June 2012

Silver Beet Has Slithered Into My Heart - Creamy Silver Beet, Tomato, Bacon Gnocchi


Its cold and miserable in Perth today, I love it! Walking through the city today I couldn't NOT listen to this track by sleepmakeswaves, so appropriate! Tonight's meal was also appropriate! Hearty, warm, like a bear hug from a stranger!



Mother has been growing silver beet like its going out of fashion and off loading onto me (No complaints here!) so I am looking for any excuse to incorporate it into a meal!



Creamy Silver Beet, Tomato, Bacon & Gnocchi!
Ingredients;
1 Small Bunch Silver Beet, thoroughly washed (eating garden snails= NOT VEGAN) and roughly chopped, no stems.
1 Pkt Gnocchi - I used a pre-made spinach gnocchi, if you have time on your hands and potatoes, make your own!
3/4 c Soy Milk
1 Tbsp Sour Cream (I used Tofutti Sour Supreme)
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Water
1 Pkt Bacon- I used Redwood's Cheatin' Rashers
150 g Sun Dried Tomatoes
Handful of Pine Nuts
Salt & Pepper



Method;
Prepare the gnocchi as per packet instructions, and set aside.
Fry the bacon! The taste of this fake stuff really throws me, just because it looks like bacon doesn't mean it tastes like it! To improve it fry the bacon in a pot heavily salted, until crispy! Roughly dice it once done.
In a bowl, whisk the soy milk, sour cream, water, and tomato paste. Pour into pot with bacon, add pine nuts, sun-dried tomato, silver beet, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Mix in gnocchi, add salt and pepper to taste, and eat!



I served this with lightly toasted fresh bread, deeelicious!



Happy Winter!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment