30 June 2012

An All The Time Food - White Choc, Peanut Butter & Oat Cookies


All of the delicious things! Yesterday I wanted a coffee, so naturally I needed something to dip in the coffee. Seeing as our cupboards are bare, I decided to bake some sweet treats! I knew we had plenty of peanut butter & oats on hand, and I just needed one more over indulgent ingredient to tie it all together. I have been going on a white chocolate rampage lately so I sent Morgan to the shops to fetch some!


Ingredients;
1/2 c Nuttelex
1/3 c Smooth Peanut Butter
1 c Brown Sugar
1 c Raw sugar
1 tbsp Vegg
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/4 c Plain Flour 
1 c Rolled Oats
1/2 tsp Bi Carb Soda
1 c White Choc Chips (I roughly chopped Sweet Williams White Choc block)
1/4 c Peanuts, roughly chopped
Sea Salt


Method;
Preheat oven to 180deg.
Melt butter and peanut butter and whisk until combined.
Add both sugars, vegg, and vanilla, and stir until well combined.
In a seperate bowl sift the flour, add oats and bi carb and mix.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, combine, this should be the consistency of a soft dough. Add the choc chips & peanuts and mix until evenly spread.


Line a baking tray and scoop out big tablespoons of the dough to form ping pong sized balls. Space on the tray 2cm apart - these spread a little. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for approx 10mins, once out and still slightly uncooked sprinkle a little more salt on if needed.




If you like your cookies on the crunchier side, cook until slightly browned, if you like them soft and chewy pull them out after 8-9 mins. 
Leave them to cool about 20 mins, before enjoying with your coffee! (I go to great lengths to have a delicious coffee experience).







No comments:

Post a Comment